IFSS EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIP and
EUROPEAN MASTERS 2022
- Use of private motor vehicles on the trails is not allowed.
- Participants may inspect the trail only on foot, bicycle or scooter, with only one dog.
- Entries for IFSS members is via the IFSS voting national member and the provisional member federations only, using the official entry form.
- Microchip identification for the dogs is mandatory. All dogs must be listed on the chipping form (one form per driver and per class). Only IFSS chipping forms are accepted.
- Required vaccinations for all dogs, including dogs not racing: Rabies, Distemper, Adenovirus-2 (Hepatitis and tracheo-bronchitis), Parvovirus and „Kennel cough“ (Parainfluenza and Bordetella bronchiseptica).
All vaccines must have been administered more than 21 days before the race. Validity of vaccinations as stated in the dogs passport.
Note 1: Kennel cough vaccinations have to protect against BOTH Parainfluenza AND Bordetella bronchiseptica (as with INTRANASAL or INJECTABLE vaccines). Only if the dog is protected with an injectable vaccine against Parainfluenza given not longer than 1 year before (as in DHPPi vaccine), then the ORAL vaccine for Bordetella bronchiseptica is accepted.
Note 2: In addition to previous vaccinations Leptospirosis vaccination is not mandatory, but STRONGLY recommended.
- It is strictly forbiddenduring during this event:to allow dogs run loose at the event site, stake-out area, marked areas and event parking lots. Loose dogs are only permitted within personal containment areas ( fenced areas around participant`s vehicle) in the designated stake-out area. Refusal to respect this requirement may lead to disqualification from the event.
- Each participant and national team are responsible for the action his/her handlers.
- All participating nations shall appoint one team leader. The team leaders shall be noted on the entry forms. Team leaders shall be present at the team leader meetings. In view of their liaison task between the race organizer and their team members, they should speak English
Leipa, 06917 Jessen (Elster) | Koordinaten 51° 50’ 32’’ N 12° 56’ 32’’ O
Verband Deutscher Schlittenhunde Sportvereine e.V
Web sites: https://www.vdsv.de
Event page: https:// www.em-leipa2022.de
CATEGORIES AND DISTANCES PER HEAT (distances may be adjusted):
The trails are forest and meadow trails with different ground conditions, mostly flat. The mono classes and team classes have different trails
- Canicross women (DCW) ca 5,8 km
- Canicross men (DCM) ca 5,8 km
- Canicross junior women (DCWJ) ca 4,1 km
- Canicross junior men (DCMJ) ca 4,1 km
- Canicross masters women (DCWM) ca 5,8 km
- Canicross masters men (DCMM) ca 5,8 km
- Bikejoring women (DBW) ca 5,8 km
- Bikejoring men (DBM) ca 5,8 km
- Bikejoring junior women (DBWJ) ca 4,1 km
- Bikejoring junior men (DBMJ) ca 4,1 km
- Bikejoring master Women (DBWM) ca 5,8 km
- Bikejoring masters Men (DBMM) ca 5,8 km
- 1-Dog scooter women (DSW1) ca 5,8 km
- 1-Dog scooter men (DSM1) ca 5,8 km
- 1-Dog scooter junior (DS1J) ca 4,1 km
- 1-Dog scooter women masters (DS1WM) ca 5,8 km
- 1-Dog scooter men masters (DS1MM) ca 5,8 km
- 2-Dog scooter (DS2) ca 6 km
- 4-Dog rig (DR4) ca 6 km
- 4-Dog rig junior (DR4J) ca 6 km
- 6-Dog rig (DR6) ca 6 km
- 8-Dog rig (DR8) ca 6 km
- RELAY (DR): Canicross, DS1, DB ca 2,5 + 4,1 + 4,1 km
Master classes will be held, if enough entries are received, in: Masters 40 (40-49 years), Masters 50 (50-59 years) and Masters 60 (60+ years).
Every class will have two heats (except Relay) with interval start, 1 min starting interval for all classes, except 2 min for 8-dog rig. (shorter starting intervals or dual start may be used, if there are many participants).
A one hundred fifty percent (150 %) time disqualification shall automatically apply for each class of the European Championships and European Masters. This does not apply to junior classes.
European Champion titles shall be awarded to the best (fastest) teams of each rated class of the European Championships providing at least seven (7) competitors from three (3) countries are represented and at least three (3) competitors from two (2) countries are represented in Junior classes.
If a class doesn’t have enough participants for European Champion title it will be cancelled.
European Masters titles shall be awarded to the best (fastest) teams of each rated class of the European Masters providing at least seven (7) competitors from three (3) countries are represented
The IFSS invites gold medal winners from the 2018 IFSS Dryland European Championship, the top three medallists of the European World Cup 2021/2022 to participate in the 2022 IFSS Dryland European Championship as pre-selected participants in their respective classes. The preselected competitors can participate without payingentry fee.
Each National Voting Member in good standing with IFSS Europe (all dues paid) is entitled to nominate three (3) teams in each class and one (1) relay team in addition to its pre-selected participants. The same quota applies for RNB classes and non RNB (Open) classes except for Canicross and Relay classes where there is no specific RNB classes.
Each Provisional Member in good standing with IFSS Europe (all dues paid) is entitled to nominate one (1) team and one (1) relay team in addition to its pre-selected participants. The same quota applies for RNB classes and non RNB (Open) classes except for Canicross and Relay classes where there is no specific RNB classes.
There is no quota for Master Classes
All selected competitors must hold a valid DID number.
All Registrations and payments (including Relay teams) shall be done according to this schedule.
- All registrations shall be sent to the IFSS Continental Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the IFSS VP Economy (email@example.com)
- The IFSS Entry form must be used (download from IFSS Web site).
- Teams to be Seeded and Pre-selected teams and Registered Nordic Breed teams shall be marked on the entry form.
- Entry fees are not refundable, except in the case in the cases mentioned in the IFSS Championships and Masters Regulation
Oct 1: Ordinary registration
- – Registration of number of qualified drivers, including those who were pre selected by IFSS (If possible register with names and DID-no.)
- – Ordinary entry fees paid for total number of entries.
Oct 8: Registration of late entries (subject to the approval of the IFSS)
- – Latest date to register number of qualified drivers.
- – Double entry fees paid for late entries.
- – All registration and payment received after Oct 1 will be considered late entries.
- – All late entries must pay double the entry fee. No late entries will be accepted after Oct 8.
Oct 24: Names and DID-no.
- – Latest day to register names and DID-no.
- – Names and DID-no. received after Oct 24, will not be accepted as entries.
- – Individual names of the relay team members shall be provided to the Race Marshal at the Team Leader meeting on Saturday afternoon.
No changes regarding registration can be made after Oct 24.
Immediately after Oct 8, the IFSS will notify the concerned federations if a class is cancelled due to lack of enough participants for European Champion or European Master title (criteria mentioned above).
All participants must submit an IFSS Competitor Consent Form. For competitors younger than 18 years old on the first day of competition an IFSS Guardian Form must also be submitted.
|Canicross junior||50 €|
|Bikejoring junior||50 €|
|1-Dog scooter||90 €|
|1-Dog scooter junior||50 €|
|2-Dog scooter||100 €|
|4-Dog rig junior
|6-Dog rig||100 €|
|8-Dog rig||100 €|
Entry fee payment must be made by the National Federations of the competitors, via bank transfer to the IFSS account without charges to the IFSS. See instructions on “Entry Form” Excel file and below. If you have any questions, please contact IFSS VP Economy (firstname.lastname@example.org).
KBC Bank Bruxelles Louise, AVENUE LOUISE 306, 1050 BRUXELLES, BELGIUM
Acc.Nr.: BE89 7350 3332 9285
IBAN: BE89 7350 3332 9285
|Race Marshal:||Matt Hammersley, United Kingdom|
|Chief Judge:||Shelley Lawrence, France|
|Animal Welfare Judge:||Kurt Radschun, Germany|
|Race Judges:||Rüdiger Rink, Germany|
|Chief veterinarian:||Sergio Maffi, Italy|
|Local coordinator:||Marcel Kreuzig, Germany|
|Trail Boss:||Detlef Polzenhagen, Germany|
IFSS Race Rules (http://www.sleddogsport.net/regulations/race-rules/)
Doping tests for drivers and dogs may be performed.
The following list of forbidden substances for athletes will apply:
WADA list of forbidden substances for humans, the IFSS list of forbidden substances for dogs and the IFSS Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations
Participants shall meet the applicable requirements as per the IFSS RR Part VI.
INFORMATION AND ROOM RESERVATIONS, MEALS AND ACCOMMODATIONS:
The list of various alternatives will be available through the dedicated website